[bv-dev] Bean Validation 1.1 early draft 1 is out

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Sun Jun 24 06:13:44 EDT 2012

On Jun 24, 2012, at 11:57 AM, Gerhard Petracek wrote:

> one of the first topics was to split MessageInterpolator (-> MessageInterpolator + MessageResolver).
> however, as i see the jira ticket [1] is still not resolved.

Ahh, right. That's what Hibernate Validator calls ResourceBundleLocator (imo a better name).

> since it's a pretty obvious topic, i thought we are done with it.

+1 I think there are several issues which we talked a lot about, but never made a final decision.
Regarding this particular issue we never talked about concrete name and interface for the functionality.

Hibernate Validator uses:

public interface ResourceBundleLocator {

	/**
	 * Returns a resource bundle for the given locale.
	 *
	 * @param locale A locale, for which a resource bundle shall be retrieved. Must
	 * not be null.
	 *
	 * @return A resource bundle for the given locale. May be null, if no such
	 *         bundle exists.
	 */
	ResourceBundle getResourceBundle(Locale locale);
}

Does this sound reasonable?

Seems there is a whole bunch of issues related (directly and indirectly)  to this:

[1] https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/BVAL-217
[2] https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/BVAL-250
[3] https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/BVAL-233

--Hardy