[bv-dev] Javascript export of bean validation rules

Michael Isvy michael.isvy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 00:59:59 EDT 2012

Hi,
I was discussing this topic with Emmanuel Bernard by email and Emmanuel
suggested that we move this conversation to this mailing-list, so here I
am  :).

The idea would be to propose a javascript export of the bean validation
rules. In that way, it would become fairly easy to do "true client side
validation" (that is: validation that does not require access to the
server side until the form is completely valid, or nearly completely
valid).
Many web technologies such as JSF, Spring MVC, Wicket, Tapestry...
integrate with JSR 303. Providing such export would be of great help for
users of those frameworks (or standard in the case of JSF).

Cheers,
     Michael.