[bv-dev] Question on Formal Group Definitions rules

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 11:18:37 EDT 2018

Hi Matt,

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 12:46 AM, Matt Benson <mbenson at apache.org> wrote:
> The assertions of the test, however, expect only the first two. Why is A
omitted? If the sequence defined by a superclass to be respected, where is
this specified? TBH I would think it would make sense, but my read of this
section specifically set me down a path of removing this behavior from the
Apache BVal codebase as I couldn't find a justification for it.

Isn't it because it's a group sequence? So as long as a constraint of the
Minimal group fails, the ones from the group A are not checked.

As you can see in the following assertions, when size is valid, name is
checked.

AFAICS, it's the behavior I would expect but maybe I'm missing something?

--
Guillaume