[dna-dev] JBoss DNA 0.4 planning

Randall Hauch rhauch at redhat.com
Tue Nov 4 13:37:05 EST 2008

Now that 0.3 is almost out the door, I'd like to start discussing the
goals for the next release.

I'd love to see the JCR implementation take more shape.  Right now
it's read-only, so getting that much farther along would be
outstanding.  Anybody interested?  I think we could easily put several
people to work here.  The graph API is pretty good, and should make
implementing JCR relatively straightforward.  Any interest, Michael
Trezzi and Alexandre and Serge?
We need to add events to the connector framework.  That should be
pretty straightforward.  Also versioning, which will require a bit
more work.  Plus, there are a couple of connectors that we may want to
start working on.  This is something I'd be happy to continue with.
Serge P. also has expressed interest in working on some connectors (in
fact his SVN connector is coming along great!).
The CND sequencer could use some love and attention.  Dan was stuck in
some ANLTR hell, and got pulled off onto a different project.  Since
it uses ANTLR, maybe you might be interested in it, Alexandre?
We also have a need to start working on a REST/WebDAV layer that
allows other client apps to access a DNA repository.  There's a couple
of things we can do, including looking at Apache Sling, or using
RESTeasy for a more simple implementation, or something else.  Sergiy
and John both expressed interest in this.

Anything else?

We can either tackle several things at once and move them all
incrementally, or we can do more in just a few areas.  Ideally, we're
looking at a 4-5 week cycle (finishing before the year-end holidays.)
A lot will depend on how much effort people might be able to dedicate
to the project.

Please respond with your thoughts and comments!

Best regards,

Randall