[dna-dev] JBoss DNA 0.4 planning

Randall Hauch rhauch at redhat.com
Wed Nov 19 15:39:50 EST 2008

I've created a 0.5 release, and pushed from 0.4 to 0.5 a number of
issues that aren't going to be a focus in 0.4, per the discussion in
this thread.

Please note that this is my interpretation of this discussion thread,
and is not final.  If an issue that you want to work on is not in 0.4,
please add it and assign it to yourself.  Likewise, if there's an
issue assigned to you that you will not be working on, please either
unassign it or move it to 0.5 (or Future Releases).

Please see below for specifics about the areas of focus for 0.4:

On Nov 4, 2008, at 12:37 PM, Randall Hauch wrote:
> I'd love to see the JCR implementation take more shape.  Right now
> it's read-only, so getting that much farther along would be
> outstanding.  Anybody interested?  I think we could easily put
> several people to work here.  The graph API is pretty good, and
> should make implementing JCR relatively straightforward.  Any
> interest, Michael Trezzi and Alexandre and Serge?

Stefano has volunteered to work on that and to coordinate things if
others want to help in this area.  This is a major focus, so the more
people working here the better!  Please feel free to add additional
issues (and sub-issues) to reflect what needs to be done, and please
keep "Assigned to" fields up-to-date.

> We need to add events to the connector framework.  That should be
> pretty straightforward.  Also versioning, which will require a bit
> more work.  Plus, there are a couple of connectors that we may want
> to start working on.  This is something I'd be happy to continue
> with.  Serge P. also has expressed interest in working on some
> connectors (in fact his SVN connector is coming along great!).

Serge will continue working working on the SVN connector (DNA-36 and
some sub-issues), and I'm working on a relational graph store
(DNA-40).  We also want to complete the support for events in the
connectors (DNA-252).

> The CND sequencer could use some love and attention.  Dan was stuck
> in some ANLTR hell, and got pulled off onto a different project.
> Since it uses ANTLR, maybe you might be interested in it, Alexandre?

I haven't heard back from anyone regarding this (DNA-73).  It would be
great if we could complete this, since we'll probably want this as
part of DNA-91 (node type management).  Dan, perhaps you can fill in
DNA-73 with your latest status and where you stopped.  Thanks!

> We also have a need to start working on a REST/WebDAV layer that
> allows other client apps to access a DNA repository.  There's a
> couple of things we can do, including looking at Apache Sling, or
> using RESTeasy for a more simple implementation, or something else.
> Sergiy and John both expressed interest in this.

This is DNA-55, and Sergiy has some great ideas and thoughts.  JPAV
also thought he'd like to help here.  Please start putting your
thoughts and plans on the issue.

Let me know if I'm missing something!

Best regards,

Randall