[forge-dev] [ACTION REQUESTED] The UTF-8 errors are back... what happened?

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 01:03:01 EDT 2012

If I'm understanding right, you want me to explain what I did?

I wish I could say it were more glamerous. I just added the package of the
class you said was being looked up but not found to the sun.jdk module,
then added the sun.jdk module to the javax.api module so that all modules
requiring classes from the Java APIs would have access to the JDK sun
classes as well.

Not a great fix, but it works I guess.

~Lincoln

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Thomas Frühbeck <fruehbeck at aon.at> wrote:

> OS: SuSE Linux 3.1.10-1.9, x64
> JVM: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_31-b04)
>        Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_03-b04)
>        OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.1) (suse-3.1-x86_64)
>
> no UTF-8 warnings detected.
>
> By the way, I feel inclined to think that this highly valuable technology
> JBossModules brings some intricacies with it.
> Lincoln, would you please let us have part in the story of your
> adventurous ride of the tiger?
> I am sure, that this issue will become one of the cornerstones of
> experiences with class loading :-)
>
> Thomas

http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."