[forge-dev] automatic dependency detection too restrictive?

Thomas Frühbeck fruehbeck at aon.at
Sun Feb 12 19:04:42 EST 2012

Hi,

while developing a plugin I found that I cannot access org.mvel classes.

- if I install my plugin w/o specific dependency declaration I get:
     java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/mvel2/templates/CompiledTemplate

- if I try to package my own org.mvel library via dependency declaration
the module is imported with
<module xmlns="urn:jboss:module:1.0"
name="at.tfr.forge.plugin-faces-id-aware.dependencies" slot="...">
<resources>
<resource-root path="metawidget-all-2.0.jar"/>
<resource-root path="mvel2-2.1.RC1.jar"/>

great so far, but then I get:

***ERROR*** [scaffold from-entity] loader constraint violation: loader
(instance of org/jboss/modules/ModuleClassLoader) previously initiated
"org/mvel2/templates/CompiledTemplate"

So this is a dead end for me. There seems to be no other way to access
the Mvel libraries than by using maven shade, but this seems to be overkill.

Could you please rethink the visibility protection strategy or show an
easy way to use common libraries forge already provides.

Regards,
Thomas