[forge-users] Generate entities (hibernate-tools plugin) has a classpath problem?

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 16:46:44 EDT 2011

We use jboss modules that provides osgi like features, which is the reason
why /lib isn't working. We need a feature added to modules in order to
support the extra use case. Actually its already requested to be able to
create module that accepts all resources in a directory as a pattern.

Working on that.

--
Lincoln Baxter's Droid
http://ocpsoft.com
On Oct 4, 2011 11:39 AM, "Jethro Bakker" <jethrobakker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Lincoln,
>
> My first thought was OSGi, it does exactly what Forge need. But it is not
a simple solution. Spring Roo for example uses this kind of mechanism to
dynamically load JAR files.

> Since version 1.0 beta1 users don't have to put their dependencies in
$FORGE_HOME/lib, what was the mechanism you used in the past and why isn't
it working anymore?

> It is also possible to you use/write you own classloader to dynamically
load the JAR files, but this is not quite simple.

> Regards, Jethro
>

> Op 29 sep. 2011, om 06:52 heeft Lincoln Baxter, III het volgende
geschreven:

>> Yep, we just discovered this one.
>>
>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/SEAMFORGE-336
>>
>> Ideas welcome.
>>
>> Sorry for the late reply.
>> ~Lincoln
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 4:30 AM, Jethro Bakker <jethrobakker at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> When trying to generate entities from an existing database I get the
following error:

>> generate-entities --url jdbc:mysql:localhost:3306/vis --driver
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver --dialect org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5Dialect
>> ? In which package you'd like to create this @Entity, or enter for
default: nl.flusso.model
>> ***ERROR*** [generate-entities] Could not initialize class
org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCMetaDataConfiguration