[gatein-dev] Build Gatein WCI KO

Matt Wringe mwringe at redhat.com
Fri Nov 13 11:57:16 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 17:40 +0100, Arnaud HERITIER wrote:
> For me having a build which fails by default in the middle of the
> process his a really bad thing (like gatein portal). At least we
> should add an enforcer rule to no start the build if the tomcat_home
> env var isn't set.

I agreed, it probably needs enforcer rules added.

> Another possibility is to use a profile which
> activates this module only if the var is set.

by default these tests need to be run, if the person wants to skip the
tests they should have to specify they want to skip parts of the test.

> Didn't you think to use cargo to avoid all those installations by
> default ? It was creAted for that.

It does use cargo, but we don't setup cargo is to automatically download
the packages. This has been brought up before with JBoss Portal, and the
preferred situation was to just force people to set the home variables.