[gsoc] Congratulations to the GSOC Students

Anil Saldhana Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 23:33:25 EDT 2012

Hi Students,
   Google (GSOC) has announced the 1200+ students accepted into the GSOC
2012 program.
http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2012/04/students-announced-for-google-summer-of.html

Your mentor will soon contact you, if you are accepted.

If your application is rejected, I will be interacting with you soon,
about your continued participation with JBoss Community. As mentioned in
the other email thread (what excites the gsoc students?),  I view this
program as an opportunity to extend the collaboration of JBoss Community
with students for a life long association with Open Source. We want you
to have jboss.org on your resumes for a long long time in your software
career.

We were provided 8 slots by GSOC and we had to pick and choose. It was
extremely hard to choose. I feel quite sad about the rejections, since
almost all of you applied exclusively to JBoss Community and we were
short of official slots. It is exciting that we have 8 students
participating, but we will not forget those who are unable.

Regards,
Anil