[Hawkular-dev] hawkular monitor agent now sending avail to h-metrics rest

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Sat Apr 11 00:08:49 EDT 2015

I have the hawkular monitor agent sending avail data successfully to h-metrics over its REST interface. I cannot get the bus message to flow successfully - I'm sure the JSON just isn't right (getting a NPE on the consumer end). Have I mentioned we need some strongly-typed Java client API jars? :)

To see it work, build hawkular-agent repo: https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-agent and install the subsystem in a wildfly instance. I have been installing it directly into a kettle instance like this:

   mvn -Dorg.hawkular.wildfly.home=/source/hawkular/kettle/target/wildfly-8.2.0.Final/ clean install wildfly-extension:deploy

You define what metrics to collect and what availability to check via standalone.xml config of the agent subsystem. See this file as an example:

https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-agent/blob/master/hawkular-wildfly-monitor/src/main/assembly/subsystem.xml

Next up, integrating JMX metrics/avail. (well, I guess I should get the avail bus message working first - anyone that can tell me what the avail bus message should look like, fill me in please).