[Hawkular-dev] Jira work log

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 08:26:15 EDT 2015

On 14 Apr 2015, at 3:22, John Sanda wrote:

> I see that there is a work log tab for tickets. Is there a way to set
> it up so that when commits are pushed, the ticket can automatically be
> updated? I am pushing commits to my personal repo, and it would be

GitHub provides web-hooks and services for this purpose.
The service that is available is pretty odd. And I am not even
convinced that it is meant for this purpose.

Perhaps someone has solved that problem already.

I am also not convinced that a webhook/service on organization
org hawkular/* level would apply to your personal clones of the
hawkular/* repos.

What should be doable though, is that in the IDE you set up Jira
as a context provider and have the IDE push comments to Jira
when you push commits. Inside IJ, this is hidden under
Tools->Task&Contexts. I am unfortunately lacking information
about the correct setup for the JBoss Jira instance.