[Hawkular-dev] Stronger typing of metrics

Michael Burman miburman at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 17:52:13 EDT 2015

Hi,

With our metric definitions, I'd like to see stronger definition of what sort of data we're storing and how it could be processed in the future. And with this I mean the same sort of stuff we had in the RHQ, such as "cumulative / gauge / trendsup / etc", so that we could give better post processing capabilities when fetching the data such as transforming the data between deltas and cumulative (depending on the user needs).

While this could definitely be done with the tags, using such as "units", "type", we don't have any defined names for these options that we could depend on later. I guess this goes to the other tags discussion also, but I assume our tags are designed to work for searching capabilities as well as for definitions?

  -  Micke