[Hawkular-dev] Business app/services representation in Inventory

Thomas Heute theute at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 07:54:47 EDT 2015

Catching up on old emails...

On 03/31/2015 02:53 PM, Gary Brown wrote:
> Ok thanks for the info.
>
> Just to be clear - so as components are dynamically deployed/undeployed from a server, these should be reflected in the Inventory - so it represents a current view of the environment being managed?

This is an important point.

When a resource in deployed / undeployed / deployed (or redeployed), you
want to know if it's there but you also want to keep historical data
(say response time history before the redeployment).

It also has an impact on alerts, if an app is undeployed legitimately
you don't want to receive 'non-available' alerts but you want them back
once the app is deployed...

> Are there any plans to represent docker images in Inventory, associated with the servers that have been launched using them?

It should become available in the UI, but will it come directly from
Kubernetes (when available) ? Synched with Kubernetes ? I don't know,
we'll tackle this later.

Thomas

> Regards
> Gary