[Hawkular-dev] Business app/services representation in Inventory

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Apr 16 09:36:39 EDT 2015

On 31 Mar 2015, at 20:39, John Doyle wrote:
>> Deriving the structure and relationships dynamically is basically
>> a "discovery" as called in ye olde RHQ days. That is a capability
>> which we'd very much like to keep.
>
> +1 Very powerful and important in getting a great user experience.

Just to make this a bit more explicit: for Hawkular we want not only
discover and represent the classic parent-child relations like
"WildFly running on JVM on RHEL", but also discover that e.g. a couple
of WildFly servers (or apps) use the same JDBC url, so they are most
likely to form an application that is clustered. Similarly for joint
Caches / JGroups / messaging infrastructure.