[Hawkular-dev] Looking for the opportunities code

Thomas Heute theute at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 04:56:20 EDT 2015

On 04/22/2015 10:11 AM, Sebastian Łaskawiec wrote:
> Hey!
>
> My name is Sebastian and I'm a remote productization engineer for JBoss
> Data Grid from Poland. I also contribute to the project New Castle (this
> is a replacement for Brew) and I'm really interested in Hawkular as our
> monitoring approach in the future.

Great, thanks for approaching us !

> I would love to help you with the coding in my free slots. Personally,
> I'm very interested in cloud-related technologies, so I think I would
> fit in Metrics Storage or Analytics. Could you please give me a hint
> where I could start and how I could help?

What in specific do you enjoy or are you good at ?
We have few JIRAs in https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HWKMETRICS and
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HAWKULAR

Feel free to join #hawkular on Freenode IRC if you wish to discuss

> I have also a small question regarding to the project's assumptions - do
> we plan to analyze logs with Hawkular? This feature together with
> alerting might create a lot of new use cases.

Yes, that will come later, likely a solution such as
http://fabric8.io/guide/logging.html (or that works well with it)

Thomas