[Hawkular-dev] What is Business Transaction Management (prep for F2F)

Gary Brown gbrown at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 09:23:42 EDT 2015

Hi Jay

Currently I think BTM in RH is limited - RTGov has the ability to provide a call trace, but correlation across servers was not properly supported, and I think Fuse has the ability to trace activities, but again within a single VM.

So one of the main focuses of this new project is providing proper tracability of business transactions across servers and work well across on-premises and cloud environments.

The current thought is the trace fragments from individual servers would be captured and correlated, generating relevant metrics to H Metrics which then would feed into H Alerts to take actions.

Regards
Gary