[Hawkular-dev] CanonicalPath should go to Commons

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Sat Dec 26 05:44:19 EST 2015

Hi *, esp. Lukáš,

Having org.hawkular.inventory.api.model.CanonicalPath in a separate
maven module inside Hawkular Commons git repo would make the life easier
for both Alerts and Command Gateway.

For both Alerts and Command Gateway, CanonicalPath is the only class
they need from Inventory. If CanonicalPath was hosted in Commons, both
Alerts and Command Gateway could stop maintaining any dependency on
Inventory and the overall dependency graph [1] could thus be made simpler.

Lukáš, I remember I asked about this earlier, but do not precisely
remember what was your reason for the denial?

[1] http://www.hawkular.org/docs/dev/development.html#component-dependencies

Thanks,

Peter