[Hawkular-dev] [Alerts] Thoughts on the notification system

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 09:14:02 EST 2015

Le 06/02/2015 14:45, Heiko W.Rupp a écrit :

>>> 4. Configuration
>>>
>>> Notifiers may expose REST endpoints (with standardized URIs)
>
> What for?

To expose and receive configuration related to an alert definition.

One of the components (alerts or notifier) needs to know the details for
sending the notification. In the case email notification case:
- who should be in the "to" list
- who should be in the "cc" list
- email subject
- email format (plain text, html, multipart)
- content template(s)

I was thinking that this data should be managed by the notification module.

>>> 6. Storage
>>>
>>> There needs to be some shared storage where to bind configuration and
>>> templates to alert definitions.
>
> Can you elaborate?

If the details for sending the notification are managed by the
notification module, then it must be able to store and load it. For
prototyping it can be memory or DefaultDS, but at some point we might
have multiple instances of the same notifier picking up notification
messages. Or just one instance which could run on server A until server
A crashed and server B is started for backup.