[Hawkular-dev] [Alerts] Requeriments for notifications and current work

Lucas Ponce lponce at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 11:45:53 EST 2015

> Le 11/02/2015 10:40, Lucas Ponce a écrit :
> > Req3: There should be a central way where plugins are notifier are
> > available
> >
> > New triggers definitions will be create through UI, so in the API we need
> > to perform:
> > - Get the list of notifiers created in the system (for an specific plugin
> > or all plugins).
> > - Link a notifier with a specific trigger(s) definition(s).
>
> It feels more natural to me to attach a trigger definition to different
> notifiers.

I was thinking more in the UI flow:

- I create a trigger definition.
- Set conditions.
- Set the notifier (from a notifier list or I can create a new one).

> > - Create a new notifier of a specific type.
>
> How would the UI/engine know about the properties needed to configure a
> notifier?
>
> The UI would also need some hints to display input fields. Like: this
> notifier property is a template, it needs a textarea instead of a text
> input.

+1

That's why we have the notifierType REST end point, the UI can have what are the properties for an specific notifier Type (i.e. email, snmp, sms).