[Hawkular-dev] REST ideas

Viliam Rockai vrockai at redhat.com
Wed Feb 11 08:23:34 EST 2015

Hi,

I'm looking at hawkular-inventory and I've got several comments (liveoak
legacy) which could apply on other rest endpoints, too:

1. I think it would be easier to use/get if we make it more
hierarchical. That means; instead of using two distinct URLs (resources
vs. resource) for lists (/hawkular/inventory/rest-test/resources/) and
entities (/hawkular/inventory/rest-test/resource/x1422733176502), we use
only one (/hawkular/inventory/rest-test/resources/x1422733176502).

2. Sometimes, in the docs, attribute called "name" is used, and referred
to, as an "id". Would it be possible and make sense to choose just one
notation and use it in the representation?

3. Usage of methods: When you want to create a metric, you use the PUT
method. What about unifying methods in some commonly used manner. Like
post for create, put for edit?

WDYT?

Viliam