[Hawkular-dev] Maven repositories in Hawkular Parent

Stefan Negrea snegrea at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 10:08:55 EST 2015

Hello Peter,

This came up on Friday, when me and Mazz worked on getting all the Travis builds to publish -SNAPSHOT artifacts. The goal was to get the main project (with the pinger) built both on Travis and locally.

I think it is essential to have the default repositories in the parent pom. Community users should just do 'clone & mvn' to get started. Anything more complicated (like changing settings.xml or setting up profiles) is completely unacceptable. Since we are working with snapshots and have a myriad of projects, the essential repositories need to be in the parent pom.

If you notice, the repositories are in a profile that can be disabled. So there is a lot of configuration flexibility for power users (eg. the link you posted below).

Please do not revert these changes.

Thank you,
Stefan