[Hawkular-dev] Maven repositories in Hawkular Parent

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 09:22:06 EST 2015

Hi Stefan,

what was your specific motivation for adding the JBoss Repos?

The topic was discussed before [1] with the result, that we will not
hard code any Maven repositories in Hawkular Parent. All we produce and
all we depend on should be on Maven Central.

The only inconvenience with Central is that JBoss Nexus is synced to
central once a day only. The ones wanting to rely on freshly released
artifacts are recommended to add JBoss Nexus to their settings.xml. This
holds also for CI jobs.

Thanks,

Peter

[1] on #hawkular on 2015-01-21, reasons against it are summed in
http://blog.sonatype.com/2009/02/why-putting-repositories-in-your-poms-is-a-bad-idea/