[Hawkular-dev] Availability (Service and UI)

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Tue Feb 17 06:55:18 EST 2015

On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 11:52:28 AM Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
> > Am 17.02.2015 um 10:21 schrieb Thomas Heute <theute at redhat.com>:
>
> *) Yes I know we are currently using string IDs in many places. We may
> reconsider that for resource ids.

Do you envision these being generated on the feed-side or server-side?

Currently, all we plan to do is advise a scheme for getting unique resource
ids on the feed-side (almost) without server intervention.

The feed only needs to remember its server-assigned ID. From there on, it can
use the naming scheme of (something like):

feed://<feedId>/resource/<resourceId>

where resource ID is generated on the feed side (and can be numeric, name,
whathever, we don't care).

(https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HWKINVENT-12)