[Hawkular-dev] Availability (Service and UI)

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Tue Feb 17 07:45:56 EST 2015

> Am 17.02.2015 um 12:55 schrieb Lukas Krejci <lkrejci at redhat.com>:
>
> Do you envision these being generated on the feed-side or server-side?

No idea :)

Just because we have a 32char string that has a name of universally unique
does not guarantee that it is unique. Each client/feed could name its toplevel
resource "main....32" :-) so it may make sense to have some collision detection
in place if feeds send what they want.

I also did not imply we *have to* change to numbers.

Fact is though that in many places the randomly long ids waste space
and bandwidth.
Especially when using a cache with those long ids as key and a payload
of a single byte.