[Hawkular-dev] monitor websites through regex

Brett Meyer brmeyer at redhat.com
Mon Jul 6 13:23:21 EDT 2015

Random question:

On the side, I maintain the web platforms for several nonprofits throughout the US.  Each platform runs on its own OpenShift Online instance (EWS).  There's also a content server running elsewhere (Apache on CentOS).  In the past, I've used http://www.montastic.com to monitor them all.  I typically setup regex for each platform's "About Us" page.  If the content shows up properly, both the platform server and content server are running.  Obviously, I don't *have* to use regex...

...but it's useful sometimes.  Can Hawkular monitor a web URL using regex on the HTML content?  Or is monitoring the app server and web server themselves the only option at this point?

Would love to help with Hawkular dogfooding.