[Hawkular-dev] [GSoC] Hawkular Android Client: Weekly Report #7

Jay Shaughnessy jshaughn at redhat.com
Mon Jul 13 10:58:20 EDT 2015

Hi Artur,
At the alerting level the main ability to categorize, outside of playing
games with trigger names and things like that, is provided by Tags.
Tags can be applied to Triggers and are basically [category],name.  You
can then query Triggers via tags, and also query alerts via the tags on
their owning triggers.

Because alerts have no inventory context, meaning it does not know about
resources, higher level API for tying together Resources/Triggers/Alerts
would need to be provided at the Hawkular level.  And that is fine, I
think.  So the questions become, "what would a helpful API look like"
and "where do we keep the relationships, in alert tags, resource
relationships,. etc"?

Open to ideas.   Also, there is [HWKALERTS-62: Allow any data to store
contextual information] which could also come into play.