[Hawkular-dev] resteasy jackson or fasterxml jackson?

Michael Burman miburman at redhat.com
Tue Jul 14 02:47:20 EDT 2015

Hi,

They're basically the same software. org.fasterxml is just a newer version of Jackson. I'm surprised it's visible nearly anywhere.. resteasy-jackson2 should use org.fasterxml?

http://wiki.fasterxml.com/JacksonRelease20

The change was done in 2012, org.codehaus stuff is from Jackson <2.0 and isn't maintained (only the 2.x is maintained). And since Wildfly ships with Jackson 2.4.1, I guess this is the version to go (and so does RESTeasy? https://issues.jboss.org/browse/RESTEASY-1100)

  - Micke