[Hawkular-dev] inventory API: can I get a feed ID from a resource ID?

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Mon Jul 20 09:58:19 EDT 2015

On Monday, July 20, 2015 15:46:58 Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
> On 20 Jul 2015, at 15:37, John Mazzitelli wrote:
> > I'm not sure how the UI knows the feed ID to use. I'll defer to the UI
> > guys how they do it. I wonder how they get the feed ID to use with the
> > resource ID?
>
> we need a unique resource id and can then inside the server find the
> feed id.
> IIrc, the resource list inside the UI had the feed
> attached but perhaps I remember it wrong.

The canonical path is the unique ID. it has the feed ID encoded in it so no
need to call server for that.

http://www.hawkular.org/docs/components/inventory/index.html#basic-principles

Also, there is a new REST endpoint:

/hawkular/inventory/path/{canonicalPath}

to which you can directly pass the canonical IDs as part of the URL to
retrieve the info about any type of entity. No need to extract the environment
or feed id from the canonical path and then construct the "traditional" REST
URL from it.