[Hawkular-dev] Inventory 0.2.0.Alpha1 released

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Mon Jul 20 10:16:34 EDT 2015

Hi *,

Most important changes:
  * Titan graph DB backend instead of Tinkergraph
  * "Canonical path" which is a path going down from tenant do the
    entity in question following the "contains" relationships. Canonical
    paths are guaranteed to be unique per inventory installation.

Full list of resolved Jiras:
https://issues.jboss.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315923&version=12327453

We hope that Inventory 0.2.0.Alpha1 reaches Hawkular master soon. The
changes needed in Hawkular main are ready in dev/inventory-0.2.0.Alpha1
branch and the ones for Agent should be accepted soon
https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-agent/pull/23 The last unsolved
blocker is that the relevant Agent branch depends on Metrics
0.5.0-SNAPSHOT and we have no info when it is going to be released.

It was me this time, who released Inventory, just for the sake of making
sure that the Bus Factor for performing Inventory releases is higher than 1.

Best,

Peter