[Hawkular-dev] Parent POM and Wildfly BOM

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Mon Jul 20 10:15:17 EDT 2015

On 2015-07-20 14:36, Thomas Segismont wrote:
> Le 20/07/2015 12:40, Peter Palaga a écrit :
>> In my last message I claim to have shown that it is effectivelly 100% of
>> components. Which specific project "needs to escape" from your point of
>> view?
>
> 100% of components have at least one module to be deployed in Hawkular.
> But then there are modules meant to run out of Hawkular (ptrans in
> Metrics) or relevant to development only (rest-tests, load-testing,
> Openshift v3 tests).

Yes, I agree there exist maven modules inside HK componets projects that
do not consume anything from WF BoM. ptrans is a good example of such
one. But I am still failing to see what your proposal is going to
improve in ptrans. WF BoM, regardless if it is imported in parent or
not, has no influence on ptrans as long as you do not add a dependency
on something from the WF BoM. ptrans does not depend on anything managed
in WF BoM, hence there is no impact. The compile class path of ptrans
and the resulting jar stay the same regardless if WF BoM is imported in
HK parent or not. I see no impact at all.

I think I understand now how your proposal is supposed to work, but I
fail to see why it is better than the present state.

Thanks,

-- P