[Hawkular-dev] Parent POM and Wildfly BOM

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Mon Jul 20 08:36:27 EDT 2015

Le 20/07/2015 12:40, Peter Palaga a écrit :
> In my last message I claim to have shown that it is effectivelly 100% of
> components. Which specific project "needs to escape" from your point of
> view?

100% of components have at least one module to be deployed in Hawkular.
But then there are modules meant to run out of Hawkular (ptrans in
Metrics) or relevant to development only (rest-tests, load-testing,
Openshift v3 tests).

> Sorry, I must have overseen that you were asking WF team to remove the
> scopes from their management. From your mails understood rather the
> opposite, namely, that they added provided scope, that we need to adapt to.

Not sure how that could have been made easier to read, my original email
ends with "Going forward, I propose that we no longer "import" the BOM
in Hawkular parent".

> Is this where they did what you asked for?
> https://github.com/wildfly/boms/commit/9e568fe4eb41d978c3181a90b5bb4d389ebcc019
> - because that's where they removed provided from resteasy but all the
> rest stood provided.

Yes. There was an agreement that the changes made to the Resteasy
section were wrong. They didn't change the rest because (I'm
paraphrasing) the BOM is meant to be imported by WAR/JAR/EAR modules to
be deployed to Wildfly.

> And sorry, that I started to think about the real consequences only when
> I saw your PR.

OK. What's next? Are you going to reopen a PR in parent POM to remove
the import scope?