[Hawkular-dev] Parent POM and Wildfly BOM

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Tue Jul 21 02:35:33 EDT 2015

Le 20/07/2015 18:50, Peter Palaga a écrit :
> On 2015-07-20 17:06, Thomas Segismont wrote:
> I can follow how hard it was to resolve the issue caused by WF BoM. But
> anyway, even if WF BoM was not imported in HK parent, are you not going
> to keep using the resteasy managed by WF BoM in rest-tests through
> keeping it imported somewhere in the rest-tests pom hierarchy?
>
> You maybe prefer to manage the resteasy client version yourself? -
> because otherwise, I do not see how not having WF BoM imported in HK
> parent would improve something important for you.

Exactly, managing it manually, because we just want to consume RESTEasy
client in a pure itest module.

> Yes, that's true that we loose some control but the gain is that we do
> not need to manage the versions of artifacts they manage.

Have I ever minimized the gain for WAR/EAR modules?

> You claim that there are modules where it is harmful. But which ones? In

I've told you already: it *has been* harmful in rest-tests module. Now
of course we haven't stopped working because master was failing and we
did what was required to fix the issue.

> ptrans, it is harmless, IMO (no dependency -> no problem). In
> rest-tests, you probably keep WF BoM included anyway, so removing the WF
> BoM include from HK Parent does not change anything. Is there any other
> module where the WF BoM include in Parent causes a problem?

Peter, I've been explaining the issue multiple times, and you're asking
me the same question again.

So maybe you don't read your emails with enough attention. Or you just
don't feel like something discussed here, on IRC and in meetings can be
merged in the parent POM.