[Hawkular-dev] Parent POM and Wildfly BOM

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Tue Jul 21 08:26:21 EDT 2015

So wait a minute.

The changed dependency "suddenly" broke your rest tests.

IMHO, that is good in a sense that you now know something new about being
deployed in another runtime environment (namely WF9) which metrics WILL BE
deployed into.

Can it be painful? Yes, we've all been through such things. Is it avoidable? I
don't think so.

The versions of the modules coming from the Hawkular parent are what Hawkular
as whole standardizes on. You should not care about where they actually come
from (and the fact that they come from WF bom is a good thing, btw).

If you open the door for individual modules having non-standard versions of
dependencies, you know where we're going to end up.

I feel your pain, but please - standardization is more important that
occasional troubles of a single component.