[Hawkular-dev] Parent POM and Wildfly BOM

Jay Shaughnessy jshaughn at redhat.com
Tue Jul 21 15:57:17 EDT 2015

I'm inclined to support Thomas's suggestion. Because we typically deploy
to Wildfly I can understand why it was natural to suck the BOM up to
parent.  But to give components some flexibility to control their own
imports without having to override the parent or possibly add
exclusions, it doesn't seem too bad to get the version of the BOM from
the parent and then import at the component level.  And certainly it
makes sense if the BOM is just not needed by the Hawkular component.
Thomas has done the homework here.  If someone is is absolutely 100%
against the change then we'll have to put it to a vote (or a flat out
decision from above), but I suggest we make the change and move
forward.  If we learn downstream that it was better the other way then
I'm sure there will be enough groundswell to change it back.

Although, I think we can wait until after the next Hawkular release and
then a PR should be sent for all affected components that may need to
add the BOM dependency.