[Hawkular-dev] [GSoC] Hawkular Android Client: Weekly Report

Artur Dryomov artur.dryomov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 01:39:03 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

This year I am working on the Hawkular Android application as part of the
Google Summer of Code 2015 program.

The last week I spent of familiarization with the project and its key
terms. With the help of public Hawkular servers, the Docker image and
snapshots I looked at the API and experimented a bit to understand how
things actually work. As a result I’ve created a wiki page [1] with the
brief overview of key Hawkular terms. In the process I’ve opened a very
first Hawkular issue regarding Docker image [2]. As a result of better
understanding what is what I’ve created a very rough mockup of the UI [3]
which I’ve also sent to the design team. Hopefully after a review of
functions and design I can proceed with the development itself. There is
some source code already [4] but mostly it is just a basic project
structure, it is almost useless to the end user at this point.

I would like to start the development process this week. Of course it will
require a better understanding of what actually should be done — I’ve tried
to clarify this with creating the mockup. I think a basic authentication
plus resources fetching is a good bet to work on even without clear
requirements, so it can be started right away. Probably I should prepare a
script to fill a Hawkular instance with some sample information — in Python
or just plain cURL. If anyone has something like that — that will be a
great help. I was advised to look at the test scenario [5] as a departure
point but maybe someone of you have a similar thing locally.

Regards,
Artur.

[1]: https://github.com/hawkular/android-client/wiki/Overview
[2]: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HAWKULAR-268