[Hawkular-dev] [GSoC] Hawkular Android Client: Weekly Report

Jiri Kremser jkremser at redhat.com
Tue Jun 2 07:03:41 EDT 2015

| Probably I should prepare a
| script to fill a Hawkular instance with some sample information — in Python
| or just plain cURL. If anyone has something like that — that will be a great
| help. I was advised to look at the test scenario [5] as a departure point
| but maybe someone of you have a similar thing locally.

Hi,

  here are some curls I use:
https://gist.github.com/Jiri-Kremser/8db9087086541358f227

If you want to know what is happening when you click on `Add Url` in UI you can look here:
https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular/blob/46fefefed1c3e232147d61ad1a4fc906e737a295/ui/console/src/main/scripts/plugins/metrics/plugins/metrics/ts/addUrlPage.ts#L86:L171

Since inventory 0.0.4 (I think) it's not necessary to create a tenant, environment and resource type with metric types.
It's good for looking at the flow the actual rest calls used there are defined in the separate repo here: https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-ui-services/tree/master/src/rest

Currently, there is no need to create a tenant or environment, the tenant is inferred and created from the auth used with the REST request and it's the same as the persona uuid, environment defaults to `test` and we also pre-create 1 resource type called `URL` with 2 metric types. If interested, the code is here: https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-inventory/blob/11109543f4204870233967124b579cd1aaab27fb/hawkular-integrated-inventory-rest/src/main/java/org/hawkular/integrated/inventory/TemporaryHacks.java#L57

You probably know about the REST docs http://www.hawkular.org/docs/rest/rest-{metrics|inventory|alerts|btm}.html

jk