[Hawkular-dev] Hawkular-pluggable data processors for metrics: Weekly Report

Aakarsh Agarwal aakaruce at iitr.ac.in
Thu Jun 4 06:07:13 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I am currently working on the Hawkular Metrics repository as part of the Google Summer of Code 2015 program and this is to update the progress of my project.

I spent the last week familiarizing myself with the existing Hawkular Metrics repo on github and some of its code. As of now, I have created a new git repo on my github profile which intends to implement a simple plugin interface using 5 basic statistical algorithms. These are -

	Minimum of the entered data set.
	Maximum of the entered data set.
	Average of the entered data set.
	Mode of the entered data set.
	Standard Deviation of the entered data set.

The link to this git repo is - https://github.com/Akki5/hawkular_plugin

This is just initial draft for the interface to be implemented. Here, StatisticalAlgo.java is the interface and other named java classes are the classes implementing the interface. PluginDemo.java is the test class. At the moment, everything in the code is hardcoded and static in nature which will later be converted for dynamic usage.

The next step requires following listed work to be done -

	Use maven to build the project.
	Use Classloader for all classes implementing StatisticalAlgo.
	Require input from user as to which plugin is to be used.

 Regards,
Aakarsh Agarwal