[Hawkular-dev] Alpha1 is out, en route for Alpha2, Alpha3...

Thomas Heute theute at redhat.com
Fri Jun 5 09:10:49 EDT 2015

Thank you for the hard work on Alpha 1 release.

The next prioritized topics would be:
	- More Wildfly monitoring. The WF agent expose quite some metrics now,
only a few of those are currently displayed in the UI
	 In particular:
		- HAWKULAR-217 [1] App Server Detail - JVM Metrics Tab
		- HAWKULAR-218 [2] App Server Detail - Web Metrics Tab
		- HAWKULAR-220 [3] App Server Detail - Deployments Metrics  Tab
	- Some Wildfly operations (part of HAWKULAR-220)
	- "HAWKULAR-130 [4] Multiple alerts for a single issue" is close to my
heart as I find it annoying --> It doesn't have to be solved by the UI
team AFAIK, the UI shouldn't change (much).
	- More integration tests (move them ?)
	- ...

	Beside the UI, there are quite a few things to add or start to think
about if you look at the mockups [5]
		- inventory filtering/searching if that's not yet done, this was not
implemented as part of Alpha1 UI AFAIK
		- actions on deployments (Enable/disable/redeploy/(add/remove)) ->
this is a new area, we should start now, it may not make it (all) for
Alpha 2
		- some metrics aggregation (Active sessions for all webapps of a
single WF server for instance)
		- ...

PS: Mockups attached to JIRAs are not correct

Thomas

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HAWKULAR-217
[2] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HAWKULAR-218
[3] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HAWKULAR-220
[4] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HAWKULAR-130
[5]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kLOGUyajyMsZuJoUxrLJkOzIyQb1V_r4JHj99JaaBQg/edit#heading=h.15cp8q2tgxok
(Unfortunately this doc which adds more details is not accessible
outside Red Hat employees)