[Hawkular-dev] [Metrics] What should we do with requests to save data points without a timestamp

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Fri Jun 5 10:02:58 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

While doing some testing for Grafana/Metrics integration, I found that
if you don't supply a timestamp when you send data points to Metrics,
they all get stored with timesptamp=0. This not right.

In such situations, Influx saves the point with the server timestamp. We
could also reply with 400 Bad Request. My preference goes to the latter.

Any thoughts?

I'll file a JIRA when we agree on a solution.

Regards,
Thomas