[Hawkular-dev] Avoiding JBoss Nexus UI with nexus-staging-maven-plugin

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Mon Jun 8 05:53:01 EDT 2015

Hi *,

In build tools, I could just successfully perform a CLI-only release
without needing to visit JBoss Nexus GUI. The setup was fairly easy,
done in these two commits: [1] [2].
However, initially it did not work properly, as far as the child-parent
link was not there in hawkular-build-tools module. After I added it back
in [3] the release started to work properly.

As some of you showed interest in this CLI-only release process, we
should agree on a way how to bring this into hawkular-parent.

My proposal is to introduce nexus-staging-maven-plugin in a dedicated
profile (let's call it "release-gui-less") that would (at least
initially) be off by default. This would allow the interested folks to
use it while there would be no change for those ones who are OK with the
present setup. Any comments?

Thanks,

Peter

[1]