[Hawkular-dev] Tag concept in metrics and alerts

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Wed Jun 24 07:40:34 EDT 2015

Originally tags were implemented just as a label, not a key/value pair. I saw that a number of other time series dbs use key/value pairs and decided to make the change. It can also produce more efficient queries. For example, filtering against N labels would require querying N partitions (in the original schema). Querying against one tag name with N different values however would only require querying 1 partition.