[Hawkular-dev] Integration of Inventory 0.1.0.Alpha3

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 10:17:09 EDT 2015

Removal of resource type version will not get rid of the below mentioned
problem. But the fix for that would be part of the next inventory release - as
HWKINVENT-54 has been fixed post 0.1.0.Alpha2.

The removal of the version on resource type goes hand in hand with the
filtering support we're adding for UI consumption - we'd need a release for
that anyway.

While the removal of resource type version will require another agent release,
UI will benefit from it (otherwise filtering will not work) so I am personally
in favor of letting this in.

Note that I will be leaving out the change to run Inventory on Titan, even
though it is ready including the configuration using env vars (barring changes
from PR). This is quite a big change and so we will not introduce it just
before the release. Also we unfortunately have to leave out resource
hierarchy, because the "collateral" changes required for that to function
"sanely" were so big that it still doesn't pass integration tests (actually,
it's just one test failing, but one never knows what changes will be required
to fix it ;) ).

So to recap, these are the changes to go into 0.1.0.Final since 0.1.0.Alpha2:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HWKINVENT-54 - 404 vs. 409 - needed by agent
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HWKINVENT-60 - filtering for the UI
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HWKINVENT-68 - non-functional - just itests
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HWKINVENT-78 - remove version from res. type