[Hawkular-dev] Inventory to break its REST API

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Thu Mar 12 09:38:30 EDT 2015

Hi,

the time has come to merge the "future" branch of inventory to its master so
that we don't prolong the schizophrenic situation of the component.

Because that merge will break the REST API, we need to sort out the recent
discussion about how to handle the breaking changes in the builds.

There were 2 proposals:

[ ] adopt 0.x.y versioning or some such so that we can actually increase a
version with breaking changes *, or
[ ] release timed snapshots and depend on them rather then simple -SNAPSHOT.

Please vote or propose other solutions so that we can move forward and not
piss off whole nations..

Cheers,

Lukas

* semver allows 0.x to do breaking changes without increasing the major
version, because leading zero means "before the first stable release"