[Hawkular-dev] Packaging

Thomas Heute theute at redhat.com
Tue May 12 07:26:41 EDT 2015

	I would prefer if the whole WF packaging/layering would happen in
Hawkular rather than with multiple layers of packaging as it is today.

	So far I have done 2 things:
		1 - Basically renamed Kettle to Hawkular (+ few extras). kettle
directory is now 'dist' which should be more intuitive.

https://github.com/theute/hawkular/commit/e2b937b467e4ed8c184b51add5af7b50175bd549

		2 - Bring the nest distro build from Bus to Hawkular:

https://github.com/theute/hawkular/commit/84ed6f505a5db73ecf9264c1bc8dea3d314649e0
		I understand that there could still be need for the nest (I think
Alert uses it for testing) but I find the double customization of WF
quite complex.

My next items unless I am stopped:
		- Fix the docker build as I guess I broke it
		- do more proper WF layering (not use 'modules/base')
		- understand "hawkular-nest-wf-extension" ;)
		- upgrade to WF9
		- update the docs

Thomas