[Hawkular-dev] Event Store - triggering alerts

Gary Brown gbrown at redhat.com
Tue May 12 09:56:55 EDT 2015

First item I wanted to discuss: regardless of the event types we are capturing and storing, we will want to use some of them purely for audit/historical analysis purposes but others will need to be applied to the alerts engine to detect situations of interest.

I believe currently the alerts engine does not subscribe to the bus for events, so events need to be supplied to the alerts engine explicitly?

Do we want the alerts engine to have that capability? i.e. as part of the trigger definition, we offer the ability to define a bus topic/queue/selector to feed the alert engine?

Or should the "event store" allow a listener to be defined (in the glue) that could supply events to the alert engine - but then this slightly separates the alert definition into two parts - the bit bridging the event store and alert engine, and the trigger definition on how the event should be processed.

Thoughts?

Regards
Gary