[Hawkular-dev] relaxing checkstyle on java comment lines

Jay Shaughnessy jshaughn at redhat.com
Tue May 19 09:23:34 EDT 2015

Hi Jiri,

I was unaware of that PR, sorry.  I see now there has been previous
debate on this topic.  My config changes also dealt with block comments
and trailing spaces.  I suppose I should commit to the existing PR
branch.  The -Dcheckstyle.skip is fine, I use that along with
license.skip, just to speed things up while developing.  But it's not
the same as changing the policy we have in place.  I'd argue that
comments should not be subject to line length or trailing whitespace
constraints, and that is why I made the change.  We can keep things as
is, but if no one really cares I'd rather the change go in.