[Hawkular-dev] Hawkular image and the docker hub registry

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Wed May 20 03:38:20 EDT 2015

Le 19/05/2015 23:19, Matt Wringe a écrit :
> There are a few images we should push out under the 'hawkular'
> organization account on docker hub:
>
> - hawkular-metrics
> - hawkular-cassandra
> - hawkular-heapster*
>
> *: only until https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/heapster/pull/284
> is closed
>
> If there are no objections, I will create those images soon under the
> 'hawkular' account.
>
> Initially, it will probably set it up as an automated docker hub build
> (since we can get it up and running very quickly). But we should really
> change it so that we build the images ourselves as part of the CI build
> and push the images out to docker hub. This will keep things more inline
> with that the kubernetes application will be expecting and prevent us
> from manually having to update the docker configurations when the
> versions change.
>
> I have no idea how our current CI works, so if someone could help me
> here that we would be great. I am assuming building the docker images
> there will be a simple task.

We use Travis. Travis builds any branch or pull request when it changes.
You might not be able to build a docker image with Travis. In this case
you may want to speak to Filip Brychta who has set up some machines from
QE to work with Git Hub. He could help you to get a machine from the QE
lab to build docker images.