[Hawkular-dev] Hawkular image and the docker hub registry

Viet Nguyen vnguyen at redhat.com
Wed May 20 09:17:44 EDT 2015

Matt,

I put together a diagram awhile back:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/14zqOHOvXAB4uN7W_fWOub3ZD6txiS_Vp9cjUNIlj2yQ/edit?usp=sharing

Kettle build hook:

https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular/blob/master/.travis.yml#L20

Viet

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Wringe" <mwringe at redhat.com>
To: "Discussions around Hawkular development" <hawkular-dev at lists.jboss.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 6:19:40 AM
Subject: [Hawkular-dev] Hawkular image and the docker hub registry

There are a few images we should push out under the 'hawkular'
organization account on docker hub:

- hawkular-metrics
- hawkular-cassandra
- hawkular-heapster*

*: only until https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/heapster/pull/284
is closed

If there are no objections, I will create those images soon under the
'hawkular' account.

Initially, it will probably set it up as an automated docker hub build
(since we can get it up and running very quickly). But we should really
change it so that we build the images ourselves as part of the CI build
and push the images out to docker hub. This will keep things more inline
with that the kubernetes application will be expecting and prevent us
from manually having to update the docker configurations when the
versions change.

I have no idea how our current CI works, so if someone could help me
here that we would be great. I am assuming building the docker images
there will be a simple task.

Thanks,

Matt Wringe