[Hawkular-dev] Alert Email Config

Jay Shaughnessy jshaughn at redhat.com
Wed May 27 17:14:39 EDT 2015

It's not totally clear what we want to do in Hawkular to configure the
smtp server for use with the e-mail action plugin for alerts.  OOB WFly
is configured for smtp server localhost:25.  This generally does not
work in dev envs.

So, we deploy the e-mail action plugin, we supply the e-mail address in
Hawkular user registration, and then we just generate server log
warnings when it doesn't work.  It's easily remedied with a a manual
edit.  For us we can set it to the RH corp smtp server, which will work
fine as long as you run from behind the VPN, or on the corp net.

We could hardcode this into our Dist but I'm not sure if we want to
publicize that host.

Otherwise, a manual edit is required unless we provide for some sort of
build-time command line prop to be applied to Dist by the build.

Thoughts?